Olé Regional Select – Summer 2021
Join us for another great Summer season of quality soccer in a safe and fun environment!
Many people, particularly children, consider the summer to be their favorite season for many reasons; school vacation, trips, and especially the warm weather for endless fun. Despite of what the reason really is, Summer is the perfect atmosphere to be out and engage in outdoor activities, particularly when it comes to developing and improving soccer skills! Just like last year, Summer time represents a lot more than school break and vacation. For many, it will represent the return to normalcy, perhaps a new beginning, but most importantly, it is the opportunity for our youth to be active, playing sports, spending time with their peers, and also continue to work on their development as a youth soccer player.
As we start getting ready for our 6th Summer Edition, the goal is to make the OLÉ REGIONAL SELECT Program even better this year – we will continue to closely follow our Government regulations and guidelines to ensure our players and families are safe. At the same time, we will continue to aim at promoting what keeps the families and players coming back every year: 1. Great training/coaching, 2. Strong competition, 3. Summer fun!
Ole’ Summer Training Programs’ Mission
“To promote an appropriate and challenging training environment where players can develop at their own rate and ultimately reach their highest potential“
During the off season, our goal is to guarantee the quality of training and playing that will make a difference for every youth player and provide continuity to their development. In addition to the experienced and nationally certified coaching staff, Ole’s player development curriculum will certainly reach each young player despite of gender and/or gender by providing a higher level of individual decision-making and technical skills/ball mastery. We will also focus on groups going through “transitions” in playing level or format as we move into the 2021/22 Season – for example:
- U8 (2014/13): Travel/Premier Preparatory training
- U10 (2011) going U11: transition from 7v7 to 9v9
- U12 (2009) going U13: transition from 9v9 to 11v11
- U14 (8th graders going to High School): High School Preparatory Training
- High School Players (2006 – 2003): High School Tryouts & Pre-Season Preparatory Training
“Ole’s off season training programs have been a great success and it keeps on getting better. The proof is in the families who keep coming back year after year, as they have seen what our program has done for their children, on and off the field” – says Ole’s Technical Director, Danilo Martins.
SUMMER 2021 OVERVIEW
- Boys & Girls; U8 through High School
- 8 Weeks of training: June 21 – August 13
- 2x 1.5 hour weekly training (16 training sessions)
- 1x Week Goalkeeper Training included
- 2 Competitive Out-of-State Tournaments:
- #1: Seaside Classic, RI (July 10-11, 2021)
- #2: Hershey Cup, Hershey, PA (Aug 14-15, 2021)
- Our Summer tournaments are selected in specific areas and settings so our families can experience great family time and camaraderie outside of soccer; whether we are at one of Rhode Island’s beaches or at the Hershey Chocolate Factory or amusement park, our goal is to promote a very pleasant experience full of memorable moments.
- Please note that Ole’ Soccer is not responsible for any expenses to/from/while at any of the events above.
*** 2 Convenient Locations ***
What is the cost of the program?
- Option 1: Pay in Full = $495* ($50 discount)
- Option 2: Deposit +2 = $545* ($195 non-refundable Deposit + 2 equal payments on 5/15 and 6/15
* plus applicable taxes
All our programs will be following State recommendations and guidelines at the time of the Program (Summer)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My son/daughter plays for a Travel/Premier team, can he/she still join the OLE REGIONAL SELECT ?
- Ole is a Soccer Coaching/Training provider; NOT a CLUB.
- Ole provides Coaching Services and supplemental in season and off season training to athletes of different Clubs/towns.
- The Ole Regional Select Summer program does NOT interfere with ANY OTHER Travel or Premier Club participation; NO PASSES REQUIRED – we will gladly clarify any questions pertaining to this subject.
- Each Ole program is designed to create a challenging environment where players can train and develop at their own rate and ultimately reach their highest potential; therefore, if your son/daughter is NEW to the SELECT program, he/she must go through a technical assessment to ensure SELECT is the right program for him/her or if we should recommend a different training option.
- To schedule a Technical assessment, please contact [email protected] and provide: Player’s name, birth year, currently Club & Team
What if my kid does not make the SELECT team?
- If a player does not make the OLE SELECT team, he/she will be recommended to the most appropriate developmental platform so he/she can progress at his/her own pace.
- All of our players’ progression are monitored so we can determine if at one point, he or she should be moved to a more/less competitive environment.
Is there uniform cost for the Ole SELECT program?
- Yes, the cost is approximately $80 for the full kit, which will be kept for the following seasons
- Complete kit: Training Shirt + 2 Jerseys (home/away) + Shorts + 1 pair of socks
- Order directly with Soccer & Rugby. Please Click Here
Who are the OLE SELECT coaches?
Here is a layout of the 2020 Summer Ole Regional Select Coaching Staff:
- Rodrigo Nunes
- Danilo Martins
- Rafael Fava
- Gustavo Reaes
- Felipe Mourao
- Andres Georgis
- Marlon Montanella
- Kim Rasmussen
What happens in case of cancellation?
Please review Covid-19 Refund Policy below:
COVID-19 REFUND POLICY:
Scenario 1: Full Cancellation:
In case of a complete shutdown by the State (cancellation of all training sessions and events/tournaments) prior to the beginning of the program, all money paid until that point will either be: a. credited to the players account to be used towards any future Ole programs, or b. refunded (minus 10% for administrative fees).
Scenario 2: Partial Cancellation
In case of a partial shutdown by the State (cancellation of part of the training sessions and/or events/tournaments) after the program is already in full motion, all money paid minus services provided up until that point will either be: a. credited the players account in the amount corresponding to all services “NOT” provided at that point, or b. refunded (minus 10% for administrative fees).
Scenario 3: Missed Sessions
In case of missed sessions due to an “individual quarantine”, there will be no refund or credit. We may and will try to accommodate and provide a makeup session with a different age group once proper medical release is provided.
In case of missed sessions due to an “age group shut down/quarantine”, we will offer a corresponding amount of make-up sessions to the whole age group once the quarantine period has expired.
For specific questions, please email [email protected] or call 203-873-0309