Olé Regional Select – Summer 2020
The wait is almost over! Join us for another great Summer season of quality soccer, family time, and fun!
Many people, particularly children, consider the summer to be their favorite season for many reasons; school vacation, trips, and especially the warm weather for endless fun. Despite of what the reason really is, Summer is the perfect atmosphere to be out and engage in outdoor activities, particularly when it comes to developing and improving soccer skills! This year in particular, Summer will represent a lot more. For many, it will represent the return to normalcy, perhaps a new beginning, but most importantly, it is the opportunity for our youth to be active again, playing sports, spending time with their peers, and also catching up on their development as a youth soccer player.
As we start getting ready for our 4th Summer season, the goal is to make the OLÉ REGIONAL SELECT Program even better this year – we are just waiting for State authorities guidelines towards Summer activities so we can finalize our curriculum. At the same time, we will continue to aim at promoting what keeps the families and players coming back every year: 1. Great training/coaching, 2. Strong competition, 3. Summer fun!
Ole Summer Training Programs’ Mission:
“To promote an appropriate and challenging training environment where players can develop at their own rate and ultimately reach their highest potential“
During the off season, our goal is to guarantee the quality of training and playing that will make a difference for every youth player and provide continuity to their development. In addition to the experienced and nationally certified coaching staff, Ole’s player development curriculum will certainly reach each young player despite of gender and/or gender by providing a higher level of individual decision-making and technical skills/ball mastery. We will also focus on groups going through “transitions” in playing level or format as we move into the 2020/21 Season – for example:
- U8 (2013/12): Travel/Premier Preparatory training
- U10 (2010) going U11: transition from 7v7 to 9v9
- U12 (2008) going U13: transition from 9v9 to 11v11
- U14 (8th graders going to High School): High School Preparatory Training
- High School Players (2005 – 2002): High School Tryouts & Pre-Season Preparatory Training
“Ole’s off season training programs have been a great success and it keeps on getting better. The proof is in the families who keep coming back year after year, as they have seen what our program has done for their children, on and off the field” – says Ole’s Technical Director, Danilo Martins.
SUMMER 2020 OVERVIEW
- Boys & Girls; U8 through High School
- 8 Weeks of training (NEW KICK OFF DATE: June 29 – August 21)
- 2x 1.5 hour weekly training (16 training sessions)
- 1x Week Goalkeeper Training included
- Practice Schedule/Location: see below table for complete details
- 2 Competitive Out-of-State Tournaments:
- #1: Seaside Classic, RI (July 11-12, 2020) **CANCELLED**
- #2: Hershey Cup, Hershey, PA (Aug 15-16, 2020)
For Monroe Training Schedule Please Call 203-8809047
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My son/daughter plays for a Travel/Premier team, can he/she still join the OLE REGIONAL SELECT ?
- Ole is a Soccer Coaching/Training provider; NOT a CLUB.
- Ole provides Coaching Services and supplemental in season and off season training to athletes of different Clubs/towns.
- The Ole Regional Select program does NOT interfere with ANY OTHER Travel or Premier Club participation; NO PASSES REQUIRED – we will gladly clarify any questions pertaining to this subject.
- Each Ole program is designed to create a challenging environment where players can train and develop at their own rate and ultimately reach their highest potential; therefore, if your son/daughter is NEW to the SELECT program, he/she must go through a technical assessment to ensure SELECT is the right program for him/her or if we should recommend a different training option.
- To schedule a Technical assessment, please contact [email protected] and provide: Player’s name, birth year, currently Club & Team
What if my kid does not make the SELECT team?
- If a player does not make the OLE SELECT team, he/she will be recommended to enroll at the OLE ELITES Developmental program.
- At the OLE ELITES program, we monitor the progression of every player so we can determine if at one point, he or she can be promoted to SELECT.
- The OLE ELITES Developmental Program is “open registration”.
Is there uniform cost for the Ole SELECT program?
- Yes, the cost is approximately $80 for the full kit, which will be kept for the following seasons
- Complete kit: Training Shirt + 2 Jerseys (home/away) + Shorts + 1 pair of socks
- Order directly with Soccer & Rugby. Please Click Here
Who are the OLE SELECT coaches?
Here is a layout of the 2020 Summer Ole Regional Select Coaching Staff:
- Rodrigo Nunes
- Danilo Martins
- Rafael Fava
- Gustavo Reaes
- Felipe Mourao
- Andres Georgis
- Kim Rasmussen
- Leonardo Germinianni
What is the cost of the program?
- Option 1: Pay in Full = $495* ($50 discount)
- Option 2: Deposit +2 = $545* ($195 Deposit + 2 equal payments on 6/15 and 7/15
* plus applicable taxes
** Ole Soccer is not responsible for tournament transportation or lodging fees.
For specific questions, please email [email protected] or call 203-873-0309